Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday Secrets: December 21, 2008

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an insightful sociological experiment.

This morning was rife with poignant secrets. I found five on which to add my thoughts.

[Gentle warning: there's some R-rated stuff here today.]

From Post Secret France
I'm finding my own now!


Let's hear it for the journey!


I had a backyard barbeque one summer. I was thrilled to get to provide some nice steaks. They smelled great. Then one vegetarian party pooper had to expound on how horrible the conditions are for the cattle that supply the meat. She wouldn't shut up. She also didn't change anyone's mind. She just put a damper on my party. Why'd she bother coming? She KNEW it was a barbeque! ... I hear she occasionally eats meat now.


No. It doesn't.
But once working through the pain,
the love making soars.


The last Chrismas I had with my dad, he was in the hospital with a heart attack.
We celebrated with gifts when he got home.
It was the best Christmas Dad and I ever shared.
I waited my whole life for it.

1 comment: