Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sunday Secrets: December 30, 2008

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an insightful sociological experiment.

Frank took a week off, so no new secrets were posted on the American site last Sunday. Following are a few secrets posted well over a year ago (I found a treasure trove in another fan's photo gallery). I thought I'd share a few today.

Yes, I realize it's Tuesday. I'm on vacation ... this whole WEEK feels like a lazy Sunday afternoon.


In high school, the guy I asked to the 'girl date' dance was gay. I didn't know. I didn't know what "gay" was! So naive. I asked him because he was smart and funny. We had fun. I've always fallen for the smart and funny guys.


I've attended a LOT of funerals. I used to be 'the funeral singer' ... you know, sorta like a Wedding Singer, only I specialized in funerals. One thing about funerals ... people's defenses are down and they show their true colors. When celebrating a life, there is usually as much laughter as tears. I love that.

When I laughed at my mom's funeral, I got a scathing look from one of my brothers. I didn't really care. My experience told me that I was acting appropriately. I was showing my true colors. Was he?



Thank you for adopting my two oldest girls!


As a kid, I watched adults, looking for the ones I could use as role models. I especially watched married couples. There was a lot about my own parents' marriage that I didn't want to emulate. I was blessed enough to find two couples from church that showed me another way. That's the kind of marriage I now have.


Yes. Yes, I am. ;)

No comments: