Monday, January 19, 2009

Macro Monday - Gingerbread


Macro Monday is easy to play,
snap a macro (or close-up) photo,
post it on your blog
then go to Lisa's Chaos
and sign Mr Linky.


Gingerbread Cookies


Did I mention I'm still not quite done with Christmas?
I'm hopeless, I know.

I made about five varieties of cookies before the big holiday. And a friend gave us some gingerbread. So that I didn't make them at the time, no big deal. But I had a batch of gingerbread fixin's in a jar and didn't want another year to go by before baking them. Besides, my sweet husband loves gingerbread.


So I got out the recipe.


Added the 'wet' ingredients to make the dough.
Refrigerated it.


Decided on a cookie shape.
A bear will do!
Not as Christmas-y as a gingerbread boy.
And bears are brown ... so ... no icing needed.
Bonus!


Rolled out the dough on my new silicone baking mat.
Dipped the cutter in flour.
Pressed the cutter into the dough.
Bake.



Happy baked gingerbread bears.
I don't think they'll last long in the house.

7 comments:

Mamapippa ... said...

Mmmm, Yummie !

June said...

Looks yummy! Do you ice them with a design or eat a natural? I prefer no icing...

EG CameraGirl said...

It's never too late to bake gingerbread cookies. Baking is always a good thing to do if the weather outside is cold and dreary. Mmmmm. I can almost smell the aroma.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
They look good enough to eat!! LOL Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Jan said...

OK, now I'm hungry. Great macro post.

omashee aka Barb said...

Oh, yummy, Cameo! I adore gingerbread cookies. If you have a good recipe of soft gb cookies please share with me. Please!

FO - 2 said...

Cute little bear.
Tasty as well, I guess. :)