Friday, January 2, 2009

Out of Balance


I've been a bit off kilter all day.

Nothing serious. Had some oddball dreams during the night that sort of stuck with me upon waking. Had a hard time staying on task. I'd plan one thing, then do another, quickly losing interest in the plan. But if I set my mind to it, I managed to get a few things done.

What do that call it in diving? Neutral buoyancy. When you're all suited up with your gear and your weights and you can sorta float right there at the surface of the water. So you don't sink, but you don't rise, either.

That's what I was going for today.

The weather's been funky. Had more snow over night, so the barometer was low, but rose a bit as the day went on. I'm highly affected by barometric pressure. So it's a blessing that I didn't sink into the winter blues, but I was also not on top of the world. Or even on top of my game.

Yet it's been a non-stressful and pleasant enough kind of a day. I messed with my e-mail programs, trying to get them to talk to each other. I installed Photoshop Elements on my laptop and started playing with the images and categories and stuff. I made some homemade pizza dough. Did a bit o' grocery shopping. Watched a bit o' What Not to Wear (Jodie had the marathon droning all afternoon as she recovered from whatever bug chewed at her stomach for the last two days). Watched a bit o' West Wing -- just because we can't get enough of it.

Now it's 10pm. The day is done. It's the last playday of my sweet husband's vacation (that went far too fast!). And I know that after this weekend, all returns to normal ...

So ... it'd be really handy to be able to find my kilter over the next couple days.

Have any of you seen it?
:: scratchin' my head and looking around ::

1 comment:

Carolyn NC said...

I know what you mean. I think it's called anti-climactic. We all are returning to normal life after the holidays & the weather can also be a factor. Hope your mood lifts! :)