Monday, January 12, 2009

Sunday Secrets: January 11, 2009

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an insightful sociological experiment. These two secrets pulled at my heartstrings this week.

Ah, but I do give it a hell of an effort!
As an English major,
I stuffed as many books into my head as possible in college.

Now, I stuff my shelves with books until they overflow.
In my old age, I'll sit in a wing back chair,
feet propped on an ottoman,

Read ... and doze ... dreaming of all I've read.



Yeah. That would have been handy.
It would have answered so many questions
that have been hanging around all these years.


But I have my sweet husband. And we managed to do it ...
to love each other at the same time.

1 comment:

Sheila @ Dr Cason.org said...

Love both of those. I'm in a book club and sometimes don't read all the books. I used to feel guilty but I figure life is too short to read bad book!s