Friday, February 20, 2009

Hello. Love. Goodbye.


Ten years ago at this time I was in the town I grew up in, mourning the deaths of both my oldest brother and my father. They died just over two weeks apart.

I was walking in a fog. There was fallout with some of my siblings. I needed a steadying hand.

Sweet friends I grew up with, friends from church, stood beside me, listened to me, helped me through those rough weeks. Away from home in Idaho. Away from my husband and daughters.

After a couple weeks, when I was at my wit's ends, my husband flew south to be with me for my dad's funeral. He steadied me. Healed me.

As I reflect back on that time, I'm listening to Turn, Turn, Turn by The Byrds. It is apropos.





The words, of course, taken from the book of Ecclesiastes:





And so the seasons change. Life revolves around and around. An eternal orbit.

1 comment:

Carolyn NC said...

Sorry about your father and brother. Time heals, but it still is sad, I know. Thanks for that blast from the past. That's probably one of my most favorite songs!