Sunday, February 1, 2009

Junque'


Oh, man. I have way too many of these piles of postponed decisions.

Today, I spent a little time in my studio making a few decisions. The main pile of paper to the left of my desk didn't get a whole lot smaller, but it did get a little bit smaller.

However, as I was filing a catalog from that pile into my lovely alphabetically ordered magazine holders full of clothing, craft, art and needlework catalogs, I decided it was time to cull a few ... to make some decisions.

I ended up throwing out the majority of the catalogs! I went from nine cardboard magazine holders down to one not-completely-filled holder. All the rest of the catalogs went into the trash. There were about 25 pounds of old catalogs!

The oldest one? From 1993!

Since I gained a full shelf of space, I removed the magazine holders and put my photography equipment on that shelf. The tripods, instruction books, reflectors and other assorted doo-dads are now readily accessible near my tabletop photo studio.

Decision by decision, I can make my home a tidier, calmer, more peaceful place where it will be easier to create the things I love.

1 comment:

Carolyn NC said...

Ouch - now this quote hurts!! LOL