Monday, February 2, 2009

Macro Monday - Monkey


Macro Monday is easy to play,
snap a macro (or close-up) photo,
post it on your blog
then go to Lisa's Chaos
and sign Mr Linky.


Monkey


It seems like ever since winter hit, I'm out of practice.

Out of practice taking photos regularly.
Out of practice finding good lighting for my subjects.
Out of practice taking my daily walks.

I miss being in my groove!

Many sidewalks in the neighborhood are still covered in ice. But the ice at the edge of the roads is beginning to melt. So last weekend, my sweet husband and I grabbed our coats and headed out on our favorite walking route, walking single file every time a car approached so we wouldn't get creamed.

I found this fun metallic sticker stuck to the ice near the elementary school. The little monkey looked cold, so I tucked him in my pocket.

I get a kick out of finding these little treasures.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute lil monkey! :) Good eyes!

FO - 2 said...

That's a cute little treasure. :)
And do you know what? SOON it will be spring.... ;)))

Mamapippa ... said...

So you saved that little monkey from an icy, cold, frozen moment !
Have a nice day !

June said...

I like the way you gave us a sense of its size by putting it next to the penny. I would have thought it bigger otherwise. Thanks for stopping by Spatter!

EG CameraGirl said...

I's fun to find little treasure, that's for sure!

We have too much snow here. I know what you mean about feeling out of the groove.