Monday, February 16, 2009

We Are Family

It's been a family kind of weekend. We started it with a celebration of my sweet husband and I meeting 20 years ago. We moved on to Valentine's day. Yesterday, our daughter Julie visited from school. It was nice to have her presence in the house for a few hours. Today, President's Day, will be another day for togetherness.

As a family, we've been walking together, napping, cooking, computing, sharing music and movies, doing laundry, eating, laughing.

It's a rare treat to have four days in a row to just hang out in each other's company and enjoy the intermixing of personalities.

We are not the same alone as we are as a family unit. Time together builds the trust.

1 comment:

Carolyn NC said...

Can't help but think of the Sisters Sledge and "We are Family, I got all my sisters with me!" So true, even if you have brothers instead of sisters!