Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ten Min Tues: Overdue Phone Call

What's Ten Minute Tuesday?

Post something on Tuesdays that can be accomplished in ten minutes. That's it. Set the timer, choose something and do it. The only catch is it has to make YOU feel better.


Today I finally made a phone call that I've been putting off since the middle of December!

My adopted Italian grandmother, Catherine, is 93 years old. I met her at Quilters. She and my mother share a birthdate, May 14. I met her shortly after my mom died, so we sort of gathered each other up in our arms.

I love Catherine to bits when I see her. Since the cold weather hit, she hasn't been able to join us on Wednesday mornings.

At the Quilter's Christmas party, I gathered her cards and gifts and offered to take them to her. Then came the snows, the ice, the cold, followed by my procrastination. And I haven't seen her in months.

So for my 10 Minute Tuesday, I finally gave her a phone call. She lives in an assisted living facility ... and wasn't in her room. Darn! But I left her a nice long message. Maybe we can reconnect tomorrow.

No comments: