Monday, March 9, 2009

Macro Monday / Happy Dance: Embroidered Towel


Macro Monday is easy to play,
snap a macro (or close-up) photo,
post it on your blog
then go to Lisa's Chaos
and sign Mr Linky.


Holly & Mistletoe Towel


Gather some lovely shades of Christmas


And a gridded design


Stitch ... stitch ... stitch


Before long, you have a border


And a nice fingertip towel to use in the next winter holidays


Pattern: Holly and Mistletoe
Pattern book: Christmas Cross Stitch Designs for Towels
Designer: Sam Hawkins
Publisher: American School of Needlework
Copyright: 1987


11 comments:

Mojo said...

Now that's a different use of macro photography! Very clever!

The lens I use with those filters would be good for the purpose if its minimum focusing distance wasn't so long. But it won't focus on anything closer than about 3 feet. With the macro filters, that shrinks to only a few inches which makes a huge difference.

Tammie Lee said...

Fun choice for macro photos~

Bryan said...

Nice towel! I would totally wipe my hands with it.

Carolyn NC said...

This is so pretty!

Tricia said...

Very neat photos! I wish it all looked that clear when I make my daughter's Christmas Ornaments.

You spotted my paint shop/photoshop addiction at play. Sometimes it just gets the better of me.

Tabbikat's Thoughts

EG CameraGirl said...

Beautiful handwork. I know the hours it took to complete!

MaR said...

What beautiful shots and lovely embroidered towel!! I always wanted to do something like that...
Have a wonderful day :)

Patricia Cecilia said...

Lovely towel and neat photos!

Unknown said...

That turned out great! I so missing having time to stitch.

Emily said...

Very pretty. I would hang it high so no one could use it, lol. :)

Dawn said...

That towel is just so pretty! Great job! The photos were so clear!