Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Secrets: March 08, 2008

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an insightful sociological experiment.

The first secret was on Frank's blog today. The rest are older secrets I never posted before.

I learned to cook a few things from my grandma. But some recipes are lost to me ... like homemade pasta, gnocchi, and her version of stuffed zucchini. I loved watching her work in the kitchen because she loved to cook, and it showed.


I suppose most families have secrets they hide from the world at large. In my family of origin, one of the secrets was rage. I was not saved from it. I learned it too well. And the fear that results from living with it. Thankfully, I no longer live with rage ... within my home or withing myself.


Me too. I think it still does. I'll find it in my 50s.


Ashamed? Not so much. But on bad days I don't trust my own judgments. Thankfully, these days are fewer and more far between. Months can go by between bad spurts. Part of the reason I'm a full-time homemaker is due to the fear that I won't be able to manage my moods in the workplace. That fear is abating. Perhaps I can get a job again.


Thank you, Sweetheart!

1 comment:

Carolyn NC said...

Wow - what a quote - love these Post Secrets!