Friday, April 17, 2009

Here Comes the Sun

I plan to carry a lot of sunshine into the lives of others.

:: wry smile ::

Carol, the gal that works the counter at my local pharmacy, always greets me the same way ... whether I'm picking up a prescription or she sees me shopping while she's on her break:
"Hello, Sunshine!"

I asked her why she does that. She told me that every time she sees me, I have a smile on my face. It's infectious.

I think it might also be because I give the entire pharmacy staff Hershey's kisses on Valentine's Day. Or because I laugh at her jokes.

I love the greeting, though. I love being a carrier of light. I bring it into a room with me, and try to have some of it rest there when I leave. It's a bit like walking around with a trail of fairy dust shimmering in my wake.

Even if that's not completely true, it's an excellent image. I'd like to challenge all my readers to soak that image in today:
Pretend you are covered in fairy dust. As you enter rooms, your presence helps increase the light and life and energy in the room. You do your thing. And as you leave, a breeze lifts the fairy dust around you and allows it to float in the air for a while. You get to be the bearer of light, leaving the hearts of those around you uplifted.
If you could do this, knowing that you've gently and wonderfully affected those around you for a short while, imagine how much your own heart would soar!

No comments: