Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Day is Done

Last night, just before heading off to bed, I heard myself say, "What a total waste of a day."

Then I stopped, and realized that, no, it really wasn't.

Sure, I'd planned some activities, and they got tossed on their head, so it felt a bit like I didn't do what I'd set out to do. But some things still did get done.

I did have my say on Facebook with a persnickety classmate, then put the issue to rest.

I did go to Quilters and work on four different quilts.

I had a bit of face time with my sweet husband and my teenager.

I drank my 8 glasses of water.

My teen's boyfriend spent some time in our home and we had a pleasant exchange -- a rarity!

I learned to grill fresh tuna.

I took a 2 mile walk.

I cleaned out a kitchen drawer.

I did a load of laundry.

Maybe some other stuff. I forget. But even with what I remember, that's not nothin'! It was NOT a total waste of a day.

And when the day was done, I needed to be done with it. I'd done what I could.

Today, I plan to once again do what I can, and be gentle with myself with what I'm unable to accomplish. It's time to heed ol' Papa Emerson's wise advice.

No comments: