Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday Secrets: May 31 2009

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an insightful sociological experiment.

These two secrets caught my attention for the same reason. They have a similar theme. Each writer gives an example of trying to reach out someone important to them, but feeling completely unimportant and unheard.

The 'duh' factor.
Like receiving a re-gifted present
with the original card still in the box.
Could you be any more unobservant?



It can sometimes bug me, too.
But then, I realize I'm writing more for what I need to say
than for what those who love me need to hear.

1 comment:

Carolyn NC said...

It is an outlet for ourselves, but it's also nice to hear that others do take time out to read something we've posted. I rarely miss reading your blog because it's so good!