Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happy Dance: Bear Square [3]

[click for larger image]
Here's the third bear square I completed for my favorite charity group.

This is yet another freebie chart. I downloaded the Tatty Teddy from the Coats Crafts UK website.

This bear chart is a little bigger than the last two, about 40 x 70 stitches. Once again I added a border of hearts to help fill out the square and add some more color.

I like this bear's coat of gray. It stands out from the other two brown bears I stitched. And his tattered fur looks really cute when it's completed. But I gotta tell you, figuring out where to add the "fuzzies" on top of all those shades of gray was not easy. I finally just "winged it" and hoped for the best.


He is one darn cute fuzzy wuzzy bear, though!


This time I took one single motif from the book Better Homes & Gardens 2001 cross stitch designs, and simply repeated it using two shades of red from the balloon. I recommend this book for it's diversity and simplicity.

2 comments:

Cindy B said...

Cameo thats a very pretty bear.You did a wonderful job on it.

Kathryn in NZ said...

Yup - I always end up "winging it" when it comes to the back stitching on Tatty Ted. Not good for us control freaks, LOL. Frustration to the max at the time, but looks great after.