Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Secrets: June 07, 2009

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an insightful sociological experiment.

The last two secrets are from today's posting on the PostSecret blog. The first is from the PostSecret pics on Twitter.

When I was in college, there was a gal in choir that really did not care for me. I went out of my way to sit next to her because I knew it bothered her. Passive-aggressive behavior and I have been friends for a long, long time.

There are places where I'd rather not be seen carrying certain kinds of books. For me it's not Chick Lit nearly so much as Self Help. I'm a huge fan of audio books, too!

I read an article recently that said people who 'give up' easily have lower blood pressure. That doesn't mean give up on life and not try to reach goals. Instead it means trying stuff, and if it doesn't work, give up on that method and try something different. But people that hold on tight and try to force a situation are the ones whose health is affected. I tend to be one of those ... so this notion of giving up (acceptance) seems a sensible one for me to learn.

No comments: