Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday Secrets: June 14, 2009

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an insightful sociological experiment.

The first two secrets are from today's US site, the third from PostSecret France, and roughly translated using Google's translation tools. I only used the first part of the two-sided postcard from France.

I never considered myself beautiful. Now, when I look back at photos from my teens and twenties, I think I look pretty good. Yet I'm very glad those chaotic days are over. I'm glad to be the woman I've become, to be comfortable in my own skin.


I wonder, sometimes, why some of my friends have left me without explanation. Do they know something of which I'm unaware?


Rough translation: "You eat the skin around my fingers."

When I am extremely nervous, I don't bite my nails, but I do bite the very tips of my fingers or gnaw on my knuckles. When I catch myself doing that, I try to stop. Then I seriously wring my hands until my fingers hurt.

No comments: