Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Dance: Autumn Leaf Bookmark

I have been doing a lot more knitting than cross-stitch these days. I'll have to post an image of all the hats I've completed. I've lost count of how many and will likely surprise even myself when I count them.

Over the last couple weeks I have dinked around with cross-stitch a little bit, though. I went to the library and found a big pile of cross-stitch magazines in the free magazine exchange bin. I took them all home and looked through them. There were only two that had projects that I wanted to attempt. This is one of them.

I started this autumn stitchery on an extremely hot summer day while watching an episode of Oprah that I recorded last spring. There was some kind of odd synergy in that.

This bookmark is designed by Deborah Lambein from For the Love of Cross Stitch magazine, November 1998, page 20. I like the flow of the leaves and the colors. It's an average-sized bookmark chart, 20w x 82h. I stitched it on some 14ct ivory aida banding and finished the ends with a nun's stitch and fringe.

Believe it or not, I'm keeping this bookmark for myself! That's a rarity.


And I did return the rest of the magazines to the exchange bin. I'll bet there's at least one more cross-stitch enthusiast in Post Falls that will appreciate them.

3 comments:

Rene la Frog said...

Love the colors...doing the Happy Dance along with you.

Barbara said...

It is beautiful! I love those fall colors, very peaceful. :)

Nancy M said...

Nice finish....it really feels like fall outside today, rainy and 60's! What happened to summer?