Friday, August 14, 2009

Sunday Secrets: August 01, 2009

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an insightful sociological experiment.

I've been gone a few weeks, but now that I'm back, I wanted to share the PostSecret posts that resonated within me:

I loved college. It did the opposite for me. Opened me up to new ideas, new ways of looking at the world. It liberated me from the sphere I grew up in, encouraged me to ask questions, and gave me breadth to make choices concerning what made sense to me.


I'd love to hear the story behind this card. Two of the most fascinating and dear friends I have are atheists that dared to share their point of view with me. I appreciate peeking through the lens of people that believe differently than I do.


My mom had a couple miscarriages before I was born. I sometimes like to think of that brother and sister. I imagine the boy as the big brother that likes and protects me. I think of the sister as my best friend, the one that calls me a couple times a week and enjoys similar interests. The one that talks to me about intimate relationships. It would have been nice to have those two siblings.

No comments: