Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Avoid the Tragedy

It can take concerted effort to keep living. I've got to feed these parts of me by taking time to tend them.

I ignore and avoid people that belittle me or don't appreciate what I have to offer. And I read the kind of books and articles that parcel out morsels of hope in participating in something bigger than myself. That keeps my spirit going.

I stitch and knit and crochet and take photographs and cook and write and play with words. That keeps my creativity going.

I interact with friends and acquaintances and daughters and husband in my slightly cockeyed manner. I joke a lot and allow my earthy humor to bubble to the surface. That keeps my glorious uniqueness in full swing.

Oh. I get enough sleep. If I don't do that, all the rest goes to hell.

(yes, terrible pun)

1 comment:

Dimple said...

Good list of activities and reasons for them!
Thanks for the visit!