Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy Dance: 2009 Snowflake Ornaments

One of my joys of 2009 was meeting up with old friends from high school on Facebook. Though I became reacquainted with over 100 former classmates, I am blessed to be part of a group of eight special women with whom I chat daily.

To honor our new-found renewed friendships, in November I stitched a holiday ornament for each member of our group (including me!)

This pretty ornament pattern was just the ticket.
It is small.
It's not too intricate.
It's delicate.
It lent itself to using many colors.
It didn't bore me to tears to stitch it over and over!

The oranments are the same, yet different -- just as we women are. Some are strong and bold. Some are gentler. We all have various shades of color in our characters just as these ornaments are varied due to the DMC color variations fiber I used to stitch them.

One of my favorite parts of these ornaments are the surprising fabrics I used for the backs. These are not your typical Christmas prints! But they are bigger than life or sweet or delicate or floral or geometric, predictable or unpredictable instead.

It's the vary traits this wonderful group of women embody. These precious ladies were my greatest blessing of 2009.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful article - thank you for you being such an amazing blessing to me!

Would it be too much trouble to name who received each one? I am curious which is which - I love my lavender one!

Carolyn NC said...

I love these - they're beautiful!