Friday, January 22, 2010

Spiders in the Woods

With winter upon us, I haven't made my two-mile walks in the neighborhood very often lately. But since it's been so mild here in the last week, I resolved to get out in the sun and fresh air today. I took my favorite walk through the woods in a park by the Spokane River.

Those familiar with my blog may remember this photo from 2008. This dainty flower with a more dainty spider was captured on a walk through those woods. This spider is about the size of my pinky finger's fingernail.


Well, today I was greeted by another spider friend while I walked through the woods. It was not nearly as fragile, nor as dainty. Rather than crawling nimbly over flower petals, this guy was boldly catching the rays, sprawled out in the bare branches of the underbrush.


From the look on his face, I do believe he was enjoying the rare January sunshine.


(Yes, I know it's Friday ... but since I was out of town, I missed Macro Monday this week!)


Macro Monday is easy to play,
snap a macro (or close-up) photo,
post it on your blog
then go to Lisa's Chaos
and sign Mr Linky.


No comments: