Thursday, February 4, 2010

Gratitude: Ingenuity

I get a great deal of pleasure out of making something from nothing.

Must be my god complex. :: wink ::

This morning, I went shopping for a magnet that depicts my home state. A fellow stitcher was kind enough to share a cross-stitch pattern with me. In return, she requested a magnet of Idaho to add to her collection.

I searched the store that I thought would have souvenir magnets. Those in stock were simply not worthy. I came home and looked through my family's collection of refrigerator magnets, but those from Idaho were in poor taste.


So I came up with an idea for creating a magnet by using one of my own photographs, doctoring it in my paint program, printing it on photo paper, and affixing it to one of the freebie magnets from our family collection.



A one-of-a-kind piece of miniature art!


I'm grateful for the ingenuity to take what I have and make the best of it.

* * * * *


Weekly Gratitude
For 52 weeks, count your blessings and document them once each week

2 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

And it looks great!

Unknown said...

Wow - that is beautiful!!!

FYI, Staples has business card magnets that cut easily with scissors and are MUCH cheaper than the clunky magnets at the craft store. One year, I cut a picture of each family member out (cut the background off) and stuck each one to a business card magnet (they are pre-sticky). I put them on my mom's fridge - I think they were her favorite present EVER!