Friday, February 19, 2010

Gratitude: My Husband

He called me from work yesterday. Asked if I'd like to join him for lunch. I popped into his office and waited as he finished up a task.

The light from the Venetian blinds cast interesting shadows on the wall and across his face. He allowed me to snap a few pictures with my phone's camera.

I'm incredibly grateful for this man. He works hard and provides well for his family. He's smart. He's funny. He's kind. He's forgiving. He's generous. He's a visionary.

He is, quite simply, the best man I know.

And I get to be his wife -- a label I'm proud and honored to bear.

Each day as Dale heads off to work, I ask if there's anything I can do for him here at home. Today's answer?

"Yes." [pause] "Have a Starburst Day."

Meaning, take the day to stitch and be creative and indulge my soul. When I've had a Starburst Day, Dale gets to return home and start the weekend with a very content partner.

So today, I'm grateful for my husband, my mate, my partner, my lover, my friend, my confidant, my nemeses. He keeps me safe and loved and challenged. Always challenged.

I am filled to overflowing.

* * * * *


Weekly Gratitude
For 52 weeks, count your blessings and document them once each week

1 comment:

Carletta said...

'a Starburst Day' - that is so sweet.
Great shadow shot!