Friday, February 26, 2010

Kiva: A Little Goes a Long Way

Share the planet!
Go do some Kiva.
~ Bob Harris

Bob is one of my heroes. He's already made over 400 Kiva loans. When I grow up, I want to be like Bob!

So last night I made my 34th Kiva loan. This time I got to help Luafitu Tusagi in Samoa buy supplies for her sewing business. Luafitu buys fabric, prints it in bold designs, then creates traditional garments called lavalavas and puletesis.

You can view some of her creations on this Picasa photo site.

Won't you consider making a loan, too? I'm part of a Kiva lending team called Needles for Change. Our goal is for female needleworks in the developed world to help needleworkers, sewing professionals, embroiderers, tailors and fabric merchants in the developing world. When you decide to make a loan, I hope you'll consider joining this lending team . Leave a comment and I'll send you an official invitation.

Kiva. Loans that change lives.

No comments: