Thursday, February 11, 2010

Newborn King Update

I've been able to put a little bit of time into my MAP, The Newborn King. If you recall, I've had a number of reservations about stitching this piece.

I finally figured out the 'counting error.' It turns out, it wasn't my error!

The vertical lines on page one and two do line up properly. But the horizontal lines do not line up correctly. For example, there may be seven graph squares (between the dark lines) at the top of page two. In that case, there ought to be three graph squares (plus the overlap row) at the bottom of page one. But that is not how the chart was printed. The chart is off by five rows!

Once I figured that out, I drew in dark horizontal lines on page one of my chart so that the grid on my fabric now matches the grid on the chart.

I also decided to laminate my original chart and mark it off with permanent marker as I go rather than using the working color copies I made a few years back. This seems to be helping me keep my place and not get the colors/symbols so mixed up.

So page two is now done and I've made a bit more progress on page one. I hope to put in several hours of stitching tomorrow, since I have a block of free time. Here's my progress so far:

5 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Looking great! Glad you mentioned this. I have this chart and have been eyeing it. So glad you pointed out the error!

Vicki said...

It looks beautiful!! You must feel so accomplished having figured that out. Can't wait to see it finished!

Patricia Cecilia said...

It is looking good and I am sooo glad you described the error--I don't grid but I really do rely on the every-ten-lines-thicker on a chart!

sapphireroze said...

I'm so happy you figured it out. You're brilliant and TFI. I'm looking forward to seeing it done :)

Vikki Gable said...

Your making great progress! WTG