Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Secrets: February 21, 2010

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an insightful sociological experiment.

These three secrets gave me a smile today.

This card was an "Easter Egg." The name of the image is "iknowaderek." I know a Derek, too. A daughter's friend acts like she knows everything, but continues to make immature choices. My daughter finally came to realize that her friend was full of hot air. It only took half a decade.


This was another "Easter Egg." The name of the image is "fakeittillyoumakeit." That was my exact thought when I read the card. When I'm in the midst of a crisis, I just try to soldier on. I don't feel courageous. I feel like I'm faking it. Years later, looking back, I can see how courageous I was.


The good thing about giving your the passion of your adolescence is that you can pick it up again when you get older and stop caring too much about what other people think. It's not too late to live your passion. It might, however, reveal itself in a metamorphosed form.

No comments: