Monday, March 22, 2010

Macro Monday - You're In Luck!


Macro Monday is easy to play,
snap a macro (or close-up) photo,
post it on your blog
then go to Lisa's Chaos
and sign Mr Linky.

You're in Luck!


To celebrate St. Patrick's Day last week, I made some more Artist Trading Cards. After much input from my daughter Jeanne and fiddling around with various media, the design was finalized.


This card uses homemade paper, watercolor, picot-edged satin ribbon, dried flowers, glittered stickers and a bit of my own handwriting done with felt pen.


There are 12 in this series, sent to my girlfriends and daughters. It's quite fun to make 'mini masterpieces' and share them. It's a great way to dig into the bowels of my studio, find some nearly-forgotten treasures, and spend an afternoon in creative bliss.

4 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

Fun to see your artful card up close.

Andree said...

The world needs more people like you. An afternoon of creative bliss for you would be pure frustration for me. But the result of your creative time is fantastic! (Mine would be such a mess!)

http://meeyauw-pad.blogspot.com/2010/03/macro-monday-alder-catkin.html

Carletta said...

I've tried a few of these myself but I'm not always happy with me.
I love the simplicity of yours and the creative use of a dried flower - what a wonderful idea!
Do you try 'inchies' as well? I just bought chipboard shapes to give it a try.

Mine’s here: Round The Bend.

Jay said...

I don't really understand the trading card thing, but the one you have made is very pretty! You do nice work!