Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sunday Secrets: March 07, 2010

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an insightful sociological experiment.

These three secrets gave me pause for reflection this week:


Every time I see a political family fail,
I am saddened.
Folks generally go into public service
to make a positive difference in the community at large.
Some have a golden touch. Edwards did.
It's sad when their power goes awry
and personal misdeeds derail entire careers.


This tweaks my curiosity
and lets my brain play on a trampoline for a while.
Should I dress slutty
on my drive to California this summer?

I'll have to ask my truck driving friend Don
if slutty 50-something drivers sharing the road
give him a rise.
;)


Indeed!
But then ...
laughing is the most important part
of most relationships.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Fascinating!

I agree on the political thing. It's sad. People are people, no matter what job they're in. If they're good at their job but fall from grace in their private life, well, okay, that might be bad, but should we really throw the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak? It's the whole 'Caesar's wife' thing, isn't it?

I got honked at a couple of times when we were travelling in the US last year. As a 50-something, I definitely enjoyed that experience. I wasn't dressed slutty, so much as grungy, with below-the-knee cut-off jeans, vest and baggy shirt .. .but my hair was dyed deep purple-red with pink highlights. I reckon that car load of handsome young men who passed me on the roadside in Utah at about 80mph, honking their horn and whooping were simply going too fast to see how old I was. ROFL!