Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Secrets: May 02, 2010

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an insightful sociological experiment.

These three secrets reminded me of incidents in my own life.

My first husband had a motorcycle.
We didn't last long as a couple,
but I did enjoy wrapping myself around him
when we rode around on his bike.


A group of redneck teenage boys driving around the neighborhood in a pickup once barked at me while I was out on my afternoon walk. I hate to admit how much that shook me up. I stopped walking for a few days. When I started up again, I took a different route and picked a different time of day.


I AM going to take those trips.
I AM going to survive dense traffic,
crossing bridges over water and steep hills.

I AM going to meet up with old friends.
I AM going to fight my anxiety and lack of confidence!

No comments: