Friday, May 7, 2010

This Mother's Day Weekend

Thinking of my parents


I'm a good mom because I learned from the best. She's been gone over a decade. There are still times when I miss her. I miss them both.

Today I would have called them up and told them the good news about my kids:
  • Jodie took her AP History test this morning. She's been studying for it like crazy with her friends. This morning she ate an excellent breakfast while scanning her notes one last time. When she got home from school, she look relieved and pleased. She feels like she did well on the test. Then in the mail she found her ACT results. Her scores soar. What a kid.

  • Julie received her grades for her first term in grad school. She was expecting a B in each class. Instead, she received an A in two classes, and A- in the other two (from the professor that rarely gives an A!)

  • Jeanne wrote a happy e-mail outlining the way she made s'mores in her microwave using Vanilla Wafers and bits of marshmallow and chocolate. The fun was in her discovering how much marshmallow was the "just right" amount. It's so good to hear her happy and experimenting again. My little scientist lives on.
Julie goes to school in Pittsburgh, PA. That's just a few miles from where my mom and dad are buried in the family plot. She stopped there to visit this week.

Wish I'd been there, too, to whisper to them my pride in their granddaughters.

4 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

What lovely news to hear for each GD!

Carolyn NC said...

Dang, you must have been a child bride. :) Ok - skip the first comment - as soon as I posted it, I realized what I typed, but it was too late! Rather, what lovely news to share about your daughters!!

fredamans said...

(((BIG HUGS))))

Happy Mothers Day.

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

:: grin ::
I liked both comments, so I kept both!