Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Book: Sir Charlie

Look what arrived by UPS today!

Sir Charlie, a biography geared toward middle-school age children, is the story of Charlie Chaplin. It was written by well-known and award-winning children's author Sid Fleischman. Mr. Fleischman may be best known for the Newbery Award book, The Whipping Boy.


Sadly, Sid died this spring just after his 90th birthday.

Besides being a gifted writer, Sid also loved magic. A mutual friend knew him well through the brotherhood of magicians. In the front of this tome, you'll see this book is dedicated to that friend.

I am lucky enough to be the owner of several books signed by this author. I will treasure them always. Too bad Sid didn't live to see this volume in print. I wish he could sign this book, too.

Maybe I'll get my friend to sign the dedication page instead.






Photo: Sid Fleischman autographing books for me

1 comment:

Carolyn NC said...

How cool about the autographs - will have to check the new one out. :)