Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Gratitude: Routine

Today I am grateful for routine.

Getting up.
Making a bed.
Helping my daughter gather what she needs for school.
Kissing my husband good-bye as he heads off to work, the promise of a phone call later on to check on how the day is progressing.
Facebook updates.
An e-mail pass.
Then "puttering the house into fabulous" via the weekly home blessing.

Last week was simply "too much."
Too much drama with friends and extended family.
Too much confusion and "ah-ha" and waiting and trusting as my daughter Jodie was in pain, then diagnosed, then was admitted to the hospital to have her appendix removed.
Too much sleep deprivation.
Too much of our normal life out of whack.

So today my gratitude rests in the normal, the routine, the underlying structures that keep my life flowing. It's ok to wade in a pool behind a dam for a short while, but when the dam gets unjammed, it's even better to move with the forward flow of my life.

* * * * *


Weekly Gratitude
For 52 weeks, count your blessings and document them once each week

No comments: