Monday, June 28, 2010

Self Portrait

Nearing the End of a Journey


I've not been blogging because I've been on a solo trip. From north Idaho, east through Montana and south through Wyoming and Colorado to Denver where I helped my daughter and son-in-law pack and clean. They made it to their new home in Las Vegas, Nevada today.

In the mean time, I drove through southern Wyoming and across the lower part of Idaho. I've lived here since 1980 and had never seen that part of the state!

I got to visit a cross-stitch shop along the way and got some nice new stash. Hope to share that here on my blog before too long.

Then I had a fabulous evening with the parents of a dear childhood friend. I hadn't seen them in about 25 years!

This morning I had the chance to practice being assertive with hotel staff. I received an excellent result for stepping up and speaking up.

Today was a long day of driving through Boise, then north on the winding and narrow highways up through my beloved Idaho. I took many a photo along the way. I hope to share some of them, too.

Tonight I have an evening in Lewiston -- the town where I graduated from college. I had dinner with an old friend. Afterwards, he took me on a short driving tour of the town, showing me some changes. It's been a long time. Long time.

So as I sat here before my computer, up far, far too late, catching up with my buddies on Facebook, I glanced up and liked the reflection I saw in the mirror above the desk. I recognized something in my face -- reflection, introspection, a certain peace knowing this solo journey has been successful. Sure, there were bobbles along the way. But as the wisest man I know says, "Mid Course Corrections."

I made those. I did it. I am capable.

Time to grab my camera once more. Time to catch this instant in time when I felt a bit of the courage and confidence that resides within.

1 comment:

fredamans said...

Beautiful portrait Margaret. You look very studious, sincere and stunning in the soft glow of the light.