Thursday, July 29, 2010

My World Today

Outside my window...
Dappled light
Trees throwing shadows
on bushes

I am thinking...
About ironing a shirt, sewing on a button,
Watching Top Chef

I am thankful for...
My daughter Jodie
She brings so much fun into my life (like hand puppets!)

From the kitchen...
Dinner in the making
Grilled pork and chicken, cucumber and tomato salad,
fresh melon, sugar-free pudding

I am wearing...
My standard "uniform"
Black exercise pants and a gray t-shirt

I am creating...
Small stitched items
Bookmarks for friends

I am going...
To Corvallis, Oregon
Jodie wants to check out the university there

I am reading...
Another Newbury award book:
Homesick: My Own Story by Jean Fritz

I am hoping...
Our Julie has a safe journey home.
She gets to visit for two weeks!

I am hearing...
The neighbor's sprinklers endlessly running
Dale starting up the BBQ

Around the house...
A bit of redecorating
New bedroom furniture arrives on Saturday

One of my favorite things...
Bejeweled Blitz
I can't seem to play that game enough these days

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Lunch with Dale tomorrow, touch up painting,
sleeping in my own bedroom
Art on the Green

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you are still on a kid's book binge, try Hoot - it was the last book I read cover to cover with Marissa before she decided she was too old. Really terrific.

sapphireroze said...

You and Jo have been having so much fun lately... toes and hand puppets! And might I add mmmmm to Dad's BBQing skills.

(P.S. My word to verify that I'm a human and not a robot: sultri. It makes me think of you.)