Thursday, September 9, 2010

Louise's Bookmark

Now how can I describe my friend Louise? Of our clan, she's the gal I've known the longest. We were in elementary school together!

Louise is passionate -- just like her favorite color, purple. She's energetic and imaginative. She is always full of ideas. She's got an excellent mind for business. Louise comes up with the most fun ideas, and always knows how to get others involved. She's a tremendous mother and teacher. And she's fearless.

The design I chose for Louise is Bookmark #2 from Pretty Bookmarks by Deborah Lambein, a Leisure Arts leaflet #2490. A center surrounded by hearts and love that yield a field of flowers. That's Louise! Instead of using the colors called for in the chart, I decided to use a variegated floss to add dimension.

Louise is a fellow Flybaby. She recognized me as a Flybaby when I used the term "Home Blessing" on Facebook. Louise threw down the gauntlet and challenged me and these other women friends to declutter for 15 minutes every day for a month. That challenge among old high school friends led to this bond of friendship the six of us now share that goes FAR beyond keeping a tidy home.

So Louise received one of the Flybaby handbooks: I'm OK ... But You Have a Lot of Work to Do by Pam Young (Flylady's mentor). Now, this is not a book you want to give just anyone! You could easily hurt feelings! Seeing as Louise and I are Flysisters, I took the chance and gave her my extra copy. Not only did Louise accept the book in the spirit it was given, but her daughter got a laugh out of it too!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Louise's bookmark is beautiful. The purple is perfect and I love your use of the varigated floss---Louise is always changing and the hearts really express her great love for family and friends. Lovely work, Margaret, and a wonderful expression of our Louise.

Unknown said...

You both make me blush! Thank you so much for the kind comments - I shall treasure them AND my bookmark!

Carolyn NC said...

Lovely bookmark and story!