Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mary Elizabeth's Bookmark

After quite the stitching hiatus, I put needle to fabric again recently. I started off easily by making some of my favorite projects:
Bookmarks!

I was hoping to visit five of my best friends in northern California this Fall. I wanted to have a little somethin'somethin' to give them, so I stitched bookmarks in their favorite colors.

Unfortunately, our gathering cannot happen right now. So instead of giving the bookmarks in person, I sent them in the mail along with a book from my personal collection ... each book tailored to the recipient.

Mary Elizabeth loves RED and redwork. So I stitched this design from Dunmani Designs on a piece of 18ct aida banding.

The book? One called Left-Handed Stitchery. We southpaws usually have to turn stitch diagrams around in our head to make the stitches come out correctly. I had a book that was geared to help left-handed folks learn these stitches. Mary Elizabeth is getting back into stitching after a time away from it, so I shared that book with her.

2 comments:

DUSTY said...

Pretty bookmark Cameo. I always enjoy doing blackwork

Carolyn NC said...

Lovely bookmark!