Thursday, September 23, 2010

Merita's Bookmark

I learned today that the last of the bookmarks I stitched arrived. So now I get to share.

The lovely Merita loves Barbie Pink!

And she has a heart as big as all outdoors. One thing Merita likes best is to "play in the dirt." Goodness, she has a lovely yard! All full of flowers and wonderful growing things. (I need lessons from her.)

This pretty design was from the same Italian website as the design I used on Vicki's bookmark. I made some minor alterations to the original design to make it fit the fabric scrap I used.

The fun part of Merita's bookmark? The pink felt I used to back it has happy white polka dots!

Merita is one of the most faith-filled women I know. Her family has gone through a number of tough trials in the last year, and she bears it all with tremendous inner strength and courage. So the book I chose for Merita concerns other women of extraordinary faith and the witness they bear to the world.