Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Change Lady

On Saturday when I shared my Stash Run, I mentioned that another Lady of the Evening caught my attention and jumped onto the check-out counter. She's a little 3" x 4" beauty with a going rate of $15.50. The shop owner said she is a foreign lass, but I don't recall her country of origin ... though I think it was in South America. I call her the Change Lady, because she's just the right size for carrying coins.


For such a small gal, she packs an impressive punch. She is completely beaded, front and back, in row after row of confetti-colored seed beads. She has a black top zipper and is completely lined in a black cotton fabric. She's just about palm size, and infinitely scrunch-able.


Her highlight is definitely the single row of colorful vertical beads (about 5mm, I think) that form a border near her zipper. Unlike the seed beads, they are faceted and add some great sparkle as they catch the light.

Perhaps what's best is that she can snuggle inside almost all of the other Ladies of the Evening, lending a pop of color to her monochrome sisters. I'm so glad she found residence in my home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She's adorable! I love her!!! So many beads and colors. :)