Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Dance: Hearts n Flowers

After too long an absence, I am back to stitching some squares for charity quilts. I've signed up through CrossStitching for Charity for three so far, all due next spring.


I got an early start on the "Hearts and Flowers" theme. I finished this square today.

This was an older freebie chart no longer available at web address written on my pattern. If any of my readers recognize the pattern and can point me to a new web address, I'll gladly update this blog post, giving credit where credit is due.

The squares we stitch in our online Yahoo! group are stitched by 235 women (and a few good men) from all over the USA ... and internationally. We've been working as a team for over five years now. We stitch squares by theme, then send them to one central location. The squares are constructed into quilts. Most go to children with life-threatening illnesses, but we also have given quilts to teens and adults with long-term degenerative illnesses and to seniors in need.

An Invitation:
If you love to stitch and have run out of people to receive your gifts of love, please do consider joining us! The deadlines are reasonable. A single square can stitch up quickly -- I did this heart in about two weeks, working sporadically.

You can stitch as many or as few squares as you like, depending on your own schedule. And it feels so good to see photos of the finished quilts as they are presented to people who are hurting.

We are bearers of a spark of light and joy.

.

For my next crafty endeavor, I'm crocheting a scarf that Jodie will give as a holiday gift. Then I plan to make some beaded ornaments for my family for Christmas.

After those projects are completed, I'll be back to cross-stitch. The next charity square in line is a bunny from the Stoney Creek Farm Babies collection.

No comments: