Saturday, November 6, 2010

Men of Honor

From Netflix:

Against formidable odds -- and an old-school diving instructor (Robert De Niro) embittered by the U.S. Navy's new, less prejudicial policies -- Carl Brashear (Cuba Gooding Jr.) sets his sights on becoming the Navy's first African-American master diver in this uplifting true story. Their relationship starts out on the rocks, but fate ultimately conspires to bring the men together into a setting of mutual respect, triumph and honor.

.

I enjoyed Men of Honor quite a bit. Hard to beat these actors! I was quite drawn into the story in a way I didn't expect, seeing as anything military-related usually isn't my cup of tea.

It was the way these two main characters related to each other, appraised each other, tested each other, then eventually came to respect one another that fueled the story for me.

Recommended
4 stars

No comments: