Saturday, November 27, 2010

Movie Review: Pirate Radio

OK ... so I don't watch movies in a timely manner. I don't mind being late to this 2009 party.

I watched this movie last weekend with my husband and daughter when I wasn't feeling well and they were being supportive. Plus, we had a bag of caramel corn that was asking to be devoured.

"An amusing musical romp through the 60s."
~ Dale Davaz"

"Made me want to listen to Classic Rock on Pandora a whole lot more!"
~ Jodie Davaz

Great cast. Excellent music. Fun story. Enjoyable diversion.

Kenneth Branagh was amusingly surly ... I didn't even recognize him until half way through the movie.


From Netflix:
Pirate Radio
In 1966, hard-partying British DJs -- a crew that includes Quentin (Bill Nighy), the Count (Philip Seymour Hoffman), Gavin (Rhys Ifans) and Dave (Nick Frost) -- have the time of their lives running a radio station on a ship in the North Sea, broadcasting generation-defining (but banned) music to millions. But they face getting shut down by Sir Alistair Dormandy (Kenneth Branagh). Richard Curtis (Love Actually, Four Weddings and a Funeral) directs.


4 Stars

1 comment:

fredamans said...

I have this movie and should get around to watching it now. Thanks for reviewing it and kicking my butt in gear!