Wednesday, December 15, 2010

While I've Been Sick

I've been tending to my knitting. With this horrible virus that lasts about two weeks, there's not a lot else I can do in between coughing, trying to regulate my body's temperature, and sleeping.


So Jodie asked if I'd make her a new scarf. She used the last one I made her so often that it ended up unraveling. She picked out the yarns ... so pretty. Two shades of blue in a very soft 4-ply yarn -- Caron's Simply Soft. It took less than one skein of each color.


It's simple, straight knitting. 15 stitches wide using #15 knitting needles. I worked the two yarns together, handling them as a single strand. I just knit and knit until it felt long enough ... someplace around 5 feet long. Then I added 5" of fringe to each end.


Pretty. Soft. Warm.

Time for more snow so she can take it out on the town!

2 comments:

Vikki Gable said...

Hope your feeling better. Love the scarf. I love doing easy slow going crafts when I'm not feeling good. It gives me something to think about other than how crappy I feel :)

DUSTY said...

Love the scarf and the color Cameo. I hope you are feeling better now. happy New Year !!!