Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sunday Secrets ... end of 2010

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an insightful sociological experiment.

I didn't manage to post any secrets for the last three weeks! This is a catch-up post. Here are my favorites, in no particular order.
I love this. Thirteen years ago,
my mom died between Christmas and New Year's Day.
The following year I gave her purple coat
to "Coats for Kids."
Wish I'd thought of doing this.

 After my parents died, I gave myself the same gift.
I have the same reaction.


 My adopted grandmother died this year.
I love you, Catherine!

I still send Christmas cards to some of my former beaus.
I've been happily married nearly 20 years.
I truly hope they are happy in their relationships, too.
(A couple of their wives ARE jealous ... 
I don't get it ... they won!)

On back: This pen is from the psych ward as well.
I hope this patient is healthy enough to know
to take the meds again should the need arise.
The help helps!

On back: happy new year
This was the first Christmas in a long time
that I didn't cry over those that won't forgive me.
I'm living the charmed life I dreamed.
I hope they are, too.

 
This secret brought a tear to my eye.

And this card made me laugh out loud.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Those are great!!