Thursday, February 24, 2011

Happy Dance: Feed My Lambs

My second 2011 quilt square for charity stitched up much faster than the first! I started and it February 16th and finished it February 23. Making one day a week a "computer free" day has its benefits! (Of course, it also helps that I messed up my back, so have to sit quietly for hours).
Precious Moments: Feed My Lambs
I chose to work with the theme: Precious Moments - Any Square. I don't have a lot of Precious Moments charts, but I do have a book called Furr-Ever Friends. Like all Precious Moments charts, this is published by Designs by Gloria and Pat.

This chart just tickled my fancy, so I stitched it. By the time I was done, though, I realized that though I used to be enamored by the muted colors of the PM line, I'm not much drawn to them any more. These days I seem to like deeper colors and jewel tones.

Our charity group just opened a new theme this week:
Any Holiday Themed Squares. Finished squares will be sent to Love Quilts.

Oooo! This is right up my alley! I hope to stitch more than one for this theme, starting with Groundhog's Day. I have an older freebie by Bent Creek and I've been looking for an excuse to stitch it. When it's done, it should look something like this (though I'll be stitching on white aida):
Cute, huh?!!

5 comments:

LJ said...

I like stitching the Precious Moments also, but I have changed the colors to make them brighter.

socialsue said...

I used to stitch Gloria and Pat's designs but also, like you, my taste has changed. Congratulations for stitching this cute design!

socialsue

Barb said...

What a cute piece. Some child will love that one!ter

Donna's Stitching said...

They are both so cute they are going to go great on a quilt

DUSTY said...

very cute Cameo, I like the PM designs and have stitched quite a few of them.