Wednesday, February 9, 2011

In Early February

Outside my window...
traces of snow at the curb
far too many pine needles

I am thinking...
way too much
especially in the wee small hours of the morning

I am thankful for...
Julie's safe solo trip across the country
Jodie's last months at home before college

From the kitchen...
the aroma of pasta e fagioli
a fresh batch stewing in the pot

I am wearing...
my uniform:
blue sweats, black T, lined hoodie

I am creating...
a vision of life with Dale
once kids are gone and we get to be "a couple"

I am going...
to learn to use my new camera!
(one of these days)

I am reading...
The Wednesday Sisters
by Meg Waite Clayton
just finished, in fact
(can't really recommend it)

I am hoping...
to put two and two together
and finally come up with four

I am hearing...
the sound of my fruit gum
popping

Around the house...
bits
of Valentine love

One of my favorite things...
slipping into clean sheets
after a hot shower and powdered body

A few plans for the rest of the week...
help Julie get settled back into life at home
then do my job to help her on to her career