Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Walk in the Park

My daughter Julie and I walked down to the Spokane River yesterday. It was a truly gorgeous Spring afternoon -- the first when we were able to go for a walk without a sweater! The air was crisp, the sun warm on our faces, the sky an extreme blue, the clouds passed in puffy waves.

The Spokane River runs high and green right now. The snow pack in the surrounding mountains is melting, and the valley is filling with fresh water. Julie and I strolled and chatted, communing with each other and nature.
Spokane River Rises
My friend Maureen wrote on her blog recently ...
"The day I took this photo, ... it became the reminder to me that when I am mindful of what I am doing, no matter how mundane, I can be grateful for what is ...right at this moment."

A large part of what I love about photography is the way it forces me into the present moment. While looking through my shutter, there is nothing more obvious than the here and now. I'm so glad that Julie and I stopped on the shore, grabbed our cameras, and became entwined with our gorgeous surroundings.

No comments: