Friday, February 10, 2012

Gettin' My Craft On

My daughters and I have decided to do a bit of long-distance crafting together. It will be a way to stay connected and inspire each other even though we are miles apart in three states. We haven't quite worked out all the details, but we'll likely each pick a theme and explore that theme in a variety of mediums.

My theme? Hearts

I have lots of ideas on how I might capture a few hearts!
The first? A bit of melted crayon magic.

I learned to make them using the tutorial on the WhipperBerry blog. I bought my heart-shaped silicon baking mold at WalMart and a box of 48 crayons at the dollar store.

I'll give these crayon hearts to Jodie when I see her this weekend. She may use them to spread some Valentine goodness to her friends at OSU. I think I might use that baking mold to make some red velvet mini-cakes for my sweetheart for Valentine's Day. That can be my next Heart Art!

-----



.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool and what nice bright colours!!!
Susan