Sunday, March 3, 2013

Roses in the Window

This is sort of a goofy photo, I'll admit.
But I like it.
There's a story here.


Gift Bags
My brother-in-law took a trip to Italy around Christmastime. Last week was the first time we got to spend some time with him since he got back. Being a good brother-in-law and uncle, he brought beautiful silk scarves home for me and my daughters. They came wrapped in bright orange gift bags.

We dropped the bags on the table as we continued our conversation. After he left, I sat back down to my computer. The handles of the bags stuck up over the back of my laptop and their inverted U shape tickled me. So I snapped some photos.

I like this one in particular because the rose from this blog is echoed in the background. The mirror hanging on the wall has roses etched in the glass. The mirror is also reflecting the rose painting that my mother-in-law made for me. The handles of the orange bags pick up the color of the rose on my blog. And the deep brown wall color provides a rich warm backdrop to the bag handles.

Synergy!


[click for larger image]

No comments: